Thank you for visiting my website. I am Rynardt Spies and I'm a Solution Architect, currently working for Rubrik in the EMEA region. Although my background in recent years has been to specialise in cloud automation, my current role extends into cloud data management, backup and recovery, using Rubrik's API-first technologies!
Since 2002, I've worked in numerous roles within the IT industry. I originally started out in application and database development with C++, Delphi 4 and Oracle. I'm a VMware Certified Professional (VCP ID:10305) in VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3, vSphere 4 as well as vSphere 5/5.5 and also hold VMware VCAP-DCA and VCAP-DCD certifications. In addition, I hold the VCP7-Cloud Management and Automation Certification (VCP7-CMA). I am also the co-author of VMware vSphere Performance (ISBN: 978-1118008195), a book that focuses on the performance aspects of VMware vSphere. I'm also a VMware vEXPERT for 2009, 2010, 2013-2017.
Although I have a great interest in the performance of virtual workloads, my main areas of interest are infrastructure design, automation and orchestration, and integrating solutions with APIs such as REST.
Some of my main skills include:
- Rubrik (of course!)
- Amazon AWS including but not limited to IAM, EC2, ECS, DynamoDB, Alexa, Lambda, SQS
- Development with ORTC/XRTML/Realtime, RabbitMQ
VMware ESX2.x, Virtual Infrastructure 3.x, and all vSphere versions up to 6.5
- VMware vCAC 5.2, vRealize Automation 6.1, 6.2, 7.x
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator 6.x, 7.0
- vRealize vRealize Orchestrator integration with ServiceNow (REST)
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.x
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 2.5, 3.0
- VMware Hyperic 5.8
- VMware vCloud Director (All versions)
VMware Horizon View 5, 6
Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 /R2, 2012 /R2
- Hyper-V 2008 - 2012 R2
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008 - 2012
- CentOS / RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 / 7
I also have the following coding skills:
As and when I come across problems and scenarios in my day-to-day tasks, I try to post them here as a future reference for myself and others that may come across the same issues. I also publish all of my PowerCLI scripts on a Github repository and it's free to use by anyone who would like to do so.
If you would like to contact me, please use the contact form.
The views expressed anywhere on this site are strictly mine and not the opinions and views of my employer, any other vendor or publisher.