|Site Outage 25-04-2009 - 02-05-2009|
|Saturday, 02 May 2009 13:16|
VIRTUALVCP.COM was down between 25-04-2009 and 02-05-2009 due to a firewall failure in my hosting environment whilst I was away on vacation with my family in South Africa. On the 25th of April, I noticed that my mobile phone stopped communicating with my active sync email server. I soon realised that the problem affected the entire hosting environment, including www.virtualvcp.com and www.vi-pedia.com.
As I was almost 10,000km away from home, I was left with no other choice than to wait until I could get back to the UK to resolve the issue.If you are reading this article from www.virtualvcp.com, it's obvious that the problem has now been resolved. I will now have to go back to the drawing board to work on a redundant connection to my hosting environment. At this moment in time, my websites do not generate enough unique hits per day to justify me moving the sites to a dedicated hosting environment. Once I get 3000+ visits per day, then I may look into moving out.
I do apologise for the down time of this website. It is against my personal beliefs to have an unreachable website, even for an hour, but my hands were tied in this case. Thank you again for visiting www.virtualvcp.com. Keep checking back for some content on vSphere. I am now well rested and ready for some good blog'n!
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 May 2009 12:24|
- Simple VMware vSphere 4 & 5 License Calculator
- Clearing a GUID Partition Table (GPT) in Linux
- Building an iSCSI Openfiler SAN on a USB Stick
- Replace SSL Certificates: Replace vCenter Server SSL Certificates
- Replacing vSphere SSL Certificates
- My experiences with Installing vCenter on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Patching ESX 3.5 Using esxupdate
- Veeam FastSCP on Windows Server 2003 x64
- Restarting vmware-hostd
- A Deeper Look Into VMware vSphere 5 Licensing