|Simple VMware vSphere 4 & 5 License Calculator V0.5 Released!|
|Wednesday, 03 August 2011 13:54|
Following some feedback from the community, I'm happy to release version 0.5 of my vSphere License Calculator.
The main issue that has been fixed in this release is a flaw in the formula that calculates the vSphere 4 License count based on the CPU core count.
The problem was discovered when a user tried to calculate licenses based on 7 core CPUs. This had highlighted a major flaw in the original formula for calculating vSphere licenses. The formula for calculating vSphere 4 Licenses has therefore been rewritten from scratch.
Please download version 0.5 and let me know if you discover any further problems with the calculator.
The new version of tha calculator can be found here
- Simple VMware vSphere 4 & 5 License Calculator
- Clearing a GUID Partition Table (GPT) in Linux
- Building an iSCSI Openfiler SAN on a USB Stick
- Replace SSL Certificates: Replace vCenter Server SSL Certificates
- Replacing vSphere SSL Certificates
- My experiences with Installing vCenter on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Patching ESX 3.5 Using esxupdate
- Veeam FastSCP on Windows Server 2003 x64
- Restarting vmware-hostd
- A Deeper Look Into VMware vSphere 5 Licensing