As of VMware VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 1, ESX Server 3i systems can only be added to an HA cluster if the system has swap enabled.
This article applies to:
- VMware ESXi 3.5.x Embedded
- VMware ESXi 3.5.x Installable
- VMware VirtualCenter 2.5.x
ESX 3i Servers with swap not enabled will show the following message(s):
An error occured during configuration of the HA agent of the host.
HA Agent has an error : Host in HA cluster must have userworld swap enabled.
To enable swap on the ESX 3i Server:
1. In VirtualCenter, select the ESX 3i server with the error.
2. Click the "Configuration" tab page and click "Advanced Settings"
3. Select "ScratchConfig"
4. Set the data store for ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation to a valid directory with more than 1GB to hold the swapfile. This location can be local or shared storage.
5.Select the ScratchConfig.ConfiguredSwapState option.
6. Click OK.
7. reboot the 3i server to apply the changes.