General 3rd Party Apps
- Category: General 3rd Party Applications
- Published: 18 July 2008
Those of us who have tried running Veeam FastSCP on 64-bit Windows found that it installs perfectly, but once you try and run the application, it comes up with an error. Someting like "Unable tp connect to (local\VEEAM)".
It's sad to say, but Veeam FastSCP does not support 64-bit operating systems at this moment in time. However I found a little workaround that will allow you to use the application on 64-bit Windows, at your own risk and unsupported it has to be said.
So here's how:
1. Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK (THE 64-BIT VERSION!) from the Microsoft Website. This download is about 300MB if I remember correctly.
2. Install the SDK on the 64-bit machine that you would like to run Veeam FastSCP on.
3. Now, open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> Type "cmd" -> OK)
4. Change directory to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0 64bit\Bin
5. Now Run: corflags "C:\Program Files (x86)\Veeam\Veeam Backup and FastSCP\VeeamShell.exe" /32BIT+
6. Now when you try and run Veeam FastSCP again, it should work fine.